About Me

My photo
J and A are just 2 girls from a small town in Kansas. We have many loves: animals, family, gardening, genealogy and just seeing what we can create that makes us happy! We have a little shop at www.essentialpleasures.etsy.com

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Relaxing? Whats that?

As a mother, wife, caregiver, crafter and unpaid maid, with usually more full time jobs then we can name, I often ask, "Who has time for anything relaxing".  It seems there are always more important things than our needs.  Laundry, homework, cleaning, cooking, diapers, football practice and games.....and the list goes on.  I find 9 times out of 10 if I have any "extra time" I'm too tired to do anything but sit and stare at a wall.  Sad isn't it.  I sure hope someone else feels that way.


Have you ever decided to take a few minutes for yourself, make a nice hot bath and just soak?  Just to have all hell break loose.  Since you are no longer in the room noone can handle it.  Kids are trying to kill one another, baby is screaming, and unfortunately that's when the husband needs something that he can't find.  My personal favorite is the toddler knocking on the door with fingers and toes sticking under the door so desperate to get to you.  So, down the drain goes your water and hopes of a mini vacation.


To try and regain some sanity and the feeling of needing to rejuvenate, I'm challenging myself to 10 mins a week for starters.  I'm locking the bathroom door, putting in ear plugs, filling that tub with hot water and relaxing bath salts and they can tear the house down.  While they are falling apart at my absence I'm going on vacation.  I refuse to think about what needs to be done, the bills that are due or past due or any other stressful daily life situation.  I'm going to the beach or a flower filled meadow.  





I think today will be Cucumber Melon http://www.etsy.com/listing/84795173/fragrant-bath-salts

No comments:

Post a Comment